Saltwater Nitrate High Range Checker® HC - HI782
The HI782 Marine Nitrate High Range Colorimeter is specifically designed to quickly and accurately determine high levels of nitrate for saltwater aquariums and marine applications. With a digital read out, there is no more struggling to determine colors visually.
- Measurements with a range up to 75.0 ppm
- Less complex laboratory grade accuracy = Requires only 1 reagent
- Simple, intuitive digital operation
- Compact and precise whether at home, at work, or on-the-go
Nitrate is the final step in the Nitrogen cycle. Excessive amounts of nitrates in saltwater aquariums facilitate the growth of undesirable organisms such as algae and dinoflagellates.
The HI-782 Nitrate Checker HC uses the Zinc Reduction method, a no filter process, to measure the concentration of nitrate colorimetrically, ultimately reducing the time of each test and leaving no additional waste.
With higher range measurements, such as the HI-782 which ranges from 0.0 up to 75.0 ppm (as NO3–), there is also no dilution procedure needed.
- For use with saltwater samples.
- More accurate than chemical test kits.
- Dedicated to a single parameter.
- Small size, big convenience.
- No errors with a digital readout.
- Ideal for aquariums and marine biology applications.
|Range||0.0 to 75.0 ppm (mg/L) NO₃-|
|Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F||±2.0 ppm ±5% of reading|
|Light Source||LED @ 525 nm|
|Light Detector||silicon photocell|
|Method||Zinc reduction method. The reaction between nitrate and the reagent causes a pink tint in the sample. This checker has been developed to work with seawater samples.|
|Auto-off||after ten minutes of non-use|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing|
|Battery Type||(1) 1.5V AAA|
|Ordering Information||HI782 Checker HC is supplied with sample cuvettes with caps (2), Marine Nitrate High Range reagent starter kit (reagents for 10 tests), 3 mL Pasteur pipette (1 pc.), 1.5V AAA alkaline battery (1 pc), and instruction manual.|
|Accessories||HI782-25 Reagent set for 25 tests; HI781-11 Certified standard kit|